Frequently Asked Questions
How does this work? How do I rent from you guys?
- Reserve your equipment through our online reservation system or over the phone at 406-272-6468. Your credit card is charged for the rental equipment through paypal. Be sure to reserve early if you can due to high summer demand.
- Reserve the entire range of dates you want the rafts in your possession. Example: March 16-18 would be a three day rental period including March 16th, 17th and 18th. The packrafts would arrive March 15th and you would need to ship them back on the morning of March 19th.
- Complete our rental agreement, waiver form and credit card form– send it back via email or in person for local pickup. Every person in your group needs to sign their own legal waiver. Prior to this point we do not have your credit card information, paypal does. We need it in order to charge you for shipping and any possible damages or loss (we will not charge it for any other reasons). We will not ship your equipment without this entire form being filled out. If you prefer to give your credit card over the phone, give us a call 406-272-6468.
- We ship you the rafts, guaranteed to arrive the day before your rental begins -OR- for local pickup near East Glacier/Browning, MT, you pick up the equipment the night before the first day of the rental period.
- Have an awesome adventure!
- After your trip clean and dry off the boats completely (they tend to stink if you don’t dry them off).
- On the morning of the first day after your rental period roll them up and load them back into the box. Attach the provided, prepaid shipping label and drop off at the nearest shipping location (FedEx or USPS depending on what shipping service was cheapest for us to use).
Explain how shipping a packraft works?
Packrafts are made to be portable, so it is easy to ship to your location. We provide packaging and a return label so returning your boat is as easy as possible. We ship anywhere in the continental US, but you can always ship the rafts to your house and fly with the packrafts to an epic trip in Patagonia, New Zealand, Canada or Alaska or anywhere else you’ve always wanted to go (ask us about winter discounts for those of you going to the Southern Hemisphere during our winter). Paddles and life preservers do increase the shipping fees substantially. We advise checking local outdoor outfitters for these items to reduce your shipping fees.
How much does shipping cost?
We estimate round-trip shipping costs to be $30-40 for the first raft, typically $10-15 more for each additional raft. Paddles and pfds provide special challenges when shipping and will increase shipping costs. We are located in Montana so shipping cost will vary by how far we have to ship and what we have to ship. Shipping is charged when we print the shipping labels. We are not trying to make money on shipping and will do our best to get your equipment to you for the best possible price.
Do you charge for the days the packraft is in transit?
No, we only charge for the days you reserve the rafts. The shipping days are free to you.
When does the rental period begin and end?
The first day of the rental period is the first full day that you have your rental in hand and the day before you send it back to us. Essentially, reserve the raft for the days you want to use it. You’ll receive it in time and you’ll send it back when you’re done.
What services do you ship through?
We use Fedex or whatever service gets your rafts there in time
Have your boats ever been late for a rental?
What if I lose, destroy or damage a raft?
Check out the damages and loss section of our waiver. You may have to pay for the raft to be fixed or in the case of a total loss, you’ll have to pay for a new raft. Don’t stress though, we try to treat you like we’d like to be treated and won’t charge for normal wear on the boats.
What packraft brands do you carry?
We carry Alpacka brand packrafts. Although other packraft companies are putting out better models each year, Alpacka continues to lead the pack when it comes to general all-purpose packrafts.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel your rental with less than one month’s notice, we are unable to refund your money but will let you reschedule within the next year without an additional charge. If you give us notice one month prior we can try to help you reschedule or simply refund your deposit minus 10% for credit card processing fees.
What if I’m late returning my raft?
If gear is returned late, we will charge you twice the daily rate for every piece of equipment (raft, paddle etc.) for every day it is late. It sounds harsh, but you may be delaying, or even effectively preventing someone else’s trip by not returning your equipment on time. Days late will be based on when you ship and not when it arrives so the raft getting lost after shipping is not your responsibility. If the end date of your trip is up in the air, book it for the latest possible end date. In some cases we can extend your rental period while you still have the raft, depending on availability. You must contact us in advance and receive our permission in order to do this.
Besides Packrafts, what other equipment do you offer?
For full details on rafts and accessories, check out our equipment rates page. We offer spray skirts on several rafts, Paddles, Dry Bags, PFDs(personal floatation devices), sails and shelters.
In case you were wondering, all our rafts come with a lightweight inflation bag and patch kit
What kind of safety gear do you recommend?
It is best to wear a life preserver at all times. Backcountry rivers can change fast and you might not have time to put your life jacket on before a big rapid if you are sitting on it. If you fall out of your packraft, you will most likely do so backward which means a whitewater helmet is highly recommended for any rapids.
What type of raft will be best for me?
As a general rule, if you’re on the line between sizes go to the next size up.
- 6’4″ + (or lots of gear) Mule
- 6’ – 6′ 4″ -Denali Llama.
- 5′ 8″ to 6′ -Yukon Yak.
- Under 5’8″ -original Alpacka
Do I need to sign a rental agreement or liability waiver?
Yes. It includes our rental agreement, waiver and your credit card information. You need to fill it out and send it back to us (scan and email is easiest), before we can send you the rafts. The rental agreement and legal waiver should be obvious. Each person using the rafts needs to sign a legal waiver. The credit card information is necessary for late fees, cleaning fees, damage and loss fees and most importantly shipping which is not calculated prior to this point. We do not have your credit card information prior to this form because our online system uses paypal to process your payment. To review our full rental agreement – waiver of liability, Please click here.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes! Depending on availability and how many days your group will be rafting. Groups of 6 or more will receive a 15% discount with a 2-day minimum and potentially 20% discount during the shoulder season. Contact us for more info. 406-272-6468
Do you offer any other discounts?
Yes, if you’d like to receive notice of such discounts please send us your email. We also offer discounts on our facebook page!
Do you sell used rafts?
We do not currently, however, in the future we may make our used (but still good condition) models available for sale to our email list for a discounted price.
Do you ship to Canada? What about Alaska?
In general, shipping to Canada for a rental is not usually a good option for us or the person renting the rafts. We have priced it out a few times and the shipping charges always make it not quite worth it to the renter. Plus, it is out of our inventory many more days for shipping (which we don’t charge for). Lastly, there is the possibility of the package getting hung up in customs which would ruin everyone’s arrangements. We honestly wish there was someone in Canada we could refer you too, but as of now there isn’t. However, there are a couple ways it can work: