Best uses of ultralight MegaTarp: 3 man and gear or emergency bivvy for more.
As the name implies, this tarp is quite large. It can easily fit 3 people across with plenty of room on both ends to fit extra gear. So in a pinch you could probably fit 5 people inside.
What’s a great way to cut down weight on your shelter? Take out the poles an floor?!! Yes, that is in fact how this shelter is designed. To keep the tent up, a series of stakes is used as well as either two trecking poles or correctly sized sticks form your camping spot.
But what about the floor? Won’t water run through? What about bugs? Check out this blog entry on the topic.
- Weight: 1lb 8oz. canopy only
- Annex:6oz Tyvek footprint: 10 oz Stakes weight:13oz
- Total weight including all accessories: 3lbs 6oz
- Highly wind resistant (60 mph+) and water proof, regardless of configuration
- Includes Annex, tyvek footprint and stakes
- Guy-out points to help add usable interior space
- Can be pitched as a flat tarp or shelter
- Pitched Dimensions:
Length: 11′ 4″
Width: 68 in. Height: 52″